- Wealth Fund Cautions Against Costs Exacted by High-Speed Trading (DealBook)
Norway’s sovereign fund doesn’t think the HFT offers any tangible benefits.
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet for Reinventing Yourself (James Altucher)
200-500 good books equal one mentor.
- Hands-Free Texting Is No Safer to Use While Driving (Scientific American)
Don’t think of using Google Now to dictate that text for you while you are driving.
- The 50 Greatest Breakthroughs Since the Wheel (The Atlantic)
Some you’d expect. Some you wouldn’t.
- The Best and Brightest are Turning Away From Wall Street (CNBC)
Finance is no longer the calling for the brightest MBA’s.
- How to Be a Better Cook (Scientific American)
One way is to just cook more.
- Manage Fatigue in a Nonstop World With a Nap (DealBook)
A nap in the afternoon boosts focus.
- Another Reason To Buy Index Funds (Rick Ferri)
How many more reasons do you need to not buy individual securities?
- The Luck Factor in Great Decisions (HBR)
Do not underestimate the role of luck.
- Arguments for Trusting the Data (NY Times)
Why trusting data is hard and what to do about it.
- Dismiss Diversification at Your Own Risk (NY Times)
When we diversify, we’re also setting up guardrails to help us make smart, disciplined decisions.
- Bitcoin Hits $700 During Surprisingly Friendly Senate Hearing On The Virtual Currency (The Verge)
The virtual currency has appreciated given the interest shown by the US Government.
- The Planning Fallacy (RPSeawright)
The planning fallacy and as it applies to finance and investing.
- Winning The Price Is Right (Slate)
Using game theory to win the game!